Point A - You Know Where I Wanna Be, This is Where I Am

7:46 PM


Resume Rundown

Education:
B.A. International Business, Minor French

Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Merchandise Product Development
Professional Designation Program
Approx Graduation Date: Sept 2009

International Experience:
Santiago, Chile
March 2003

Dijon, France
February-June 2004

Gumi, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province South Korea
August 2007-August 2008


Languages:
French Semi-Fluency
Korean (Still learning)


Work Experience

Fashion Related Experience:
Present:
Past:
  • Sales Associate-Guess, Macy's
  • Associate Fashion Editor
  • Assistant Manager-Rave G+G
  • Showroom Intern-Baby Phat Footwear

Non-Fashion Related Experience:
  • File Room Manager
  • Marketing Associate/Brand Advocate
  • Leasing Consultant
  • Customer Service Rep
  • Administrative Assistant

Experiences I'm Grateful For and Lessons Learned

  • Don't turn down an opportunity just because it's unpaid.
Working as the Associate Fashion Editor of a webzine was amazing because I got a chance to interview up and coming designers in the Columbus, Ohio area. This position also took me to Olympus Fashion Week in New York where I sat under the tents photographing and documenting the shows and hanging out in the press room with other fashion editors and writers!
  • Enter interviews better informed about a companies promotion from within policy.

In the past I have held the standard Sales Associate position and even have been Assistant Manager. I don't want to start all over again. I worked for a dept store whose Merchandising Corporate Office was right across the street, only to later find out the worse way to try to get to the corporate office was through the store. Less than 1% of the associates actually saw outside those walls, especially if you worked in the Juniors (read "low-priority") Dept.

  • Look past the people I work with and look at the overall company structure.
I have stayed at companies that were not "connectors" to my Freeway for long periods of time just because I enjoyed my co-workers. I have also let a position go unappreciated just because I did not like certain employees and that was my focus, rather than the doors that were opening because of that position and how my employer/company structure could get me to my Point B.

Featured

The Fashion Bomb - June 2008
Diva Marketing Blog - July 2008
Apparel Search - July 2008


Contact Information:

FirstThreeInc[at]Hotmail[dot]Com

Emails are welcomed! Company have an opening? Post your career opportunities here! Would like to see my resume in full? Got a FAQ? Want to Advertise on No Fear Just DIVA? Let's talk! Please use the following as Subject Lines as to not be confused with spam:
  • Job Postings: "Postings"
  • Career Opportunities: Name of Position
  • General Inquiries: "NFJD" - Subject of Inquiry
  • Advertising: "NFJD" - Advertising, Company Name

Images courtesy of Devil Wears Prada, Ugly Betty, Lipstick Jungle, ANTM

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe