Fighting for FIDM

11:24 AM

This is probably the hardest post I have ever had to write, but putting pride aside Travelers I need help.

My journey has been so much fun and I am fortunate to be on it. From my internships to my classes and new networking connections. I couldn’t ask for more; except to be cleared for Spring Quarter 2009.

As it currently stands I still owe FIDM $1,035.92 just to register. My mother and I are pulling what we can together and I am tutoring extra hours just to pull some things through by March 15th. My date to register was March 4, 2009.

I am sure there are some out there that might find this a bit tacky, but I want this degree and financially I am running out of options. So I have started a FIDM Fund. This by no means mean that I will stop working as hard, if not harder, as I have been to stay in my program

For those of you who are new to my site and want see what exactly I am all about here is a brief summary:

I am currently a Merchandise Product Development major at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. I am in the Professional Designation program and will be entering quarter 3 out of 4.

My current GPA stands at 3.68.

To pay my tuition I tutor elementary school students in English. I also am a sales associate at a retail store that has cut my hours due to low sales.

For more information please read the About and Resume Rundown sections of this blog.

On the right hand side of this blog is a “Donate” button where donations can be made at the amount of one’s choosing. That amount will go to a PayPal account that I will use to go directly to FIDM Financial Services. For those of you who would like to make a donation but do not feel comfortable with online services you may go to FIDM Financial services directly by US Postal mail:

Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
C/O Cashier
919 S. Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90015


I know that this is bold and may be asking a lot, but Travelers all we can do is ask.

I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me, my blog, and overall journey. I promise to keep an ongoing FIDM Fund update until I am able to register, which I believe I will be able to do!

Happy Travels and Thank you!

"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"
photo curtosey of ANTM - feeling fabulously broke!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe