Emerging Designers wanted!! Fashion Coordinator: Journal 1

11:20 PM

(Source) Howdy Travelers! It's been a busy week (or more)! Just recently a friend of mine decided that she was going to put on a benefit fashion show in honor of her grandfather who is suffering from bone cancer and asked me to come on as the Fashion Coordinator. I gladly accepted and ever since then there have been numerous model and designer casting calls, sponsorship meetings, and midnight email/brainstorming sessions.

I LOVE IT! I have to admit I have a lot more time since I am on vacation but Travelers let me say when there is a challenge ahead of you that can make you better at your craft, and with someone you enjoy spending time with it is just that much more fun!

The show is in partnership with The American Cancer Society and so we want to make sure that we do it right!
Slated to debut May 17th the hope is to have a show every quarter to promote emerging designers and models that they may have a platform to build their portfolio.

This has been such an amazing ride so far! The venue Taglyan Cultural Center is more than we could have dreamed of and want the total event to live up to its expectations. Oh and the theme: "Narnia: Your Fantasy Wardrobe" (the YFW I added but she said it was cute so I kept saying it, lol).

Now Travelers I could never tell you about such an amazing experience without sharing it with some of you. So here is what's on the "We-Still-Need" list:

  • Plus Sized Models
  • Production Assistance (dressers, runway management, etc)
  • Designers
  • Vendors (if you have product that you would like to sell at the event tables and booths will be available
  • Ticket Sellers ($35 regular $15 student)
On Saturday (12-5p) there will be a final casting call for the show at the following location:

LP Entertainment Offices

123 La Brea

Los Angeles, CA 90036

If you are interested but cant make it to the casting fell free to email me (resume rundown tab above) or leave a comment with your contact info.

I will keep you updated with the progress but I must say that this is the best thing ever! I am working super hard and have no idea how this is going to all fit once school starts next week but I am so ready for it! Thank you Travelers for your support! It means more than you know!!

Happy Travels!

"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe