Imagine That

12:12 PM


Take out the word "daughter" and read it as "What if your imagination was the secret to your success?"

What a revolutionary thought! When was the last time you freely used your imagination? When was the last time anything was possible to you?

My imagination is one of my favorite parts of self. In it I control the outcome of every situation and scenario I can dare to dream up. Do you know how amazing I am and my life is in my imagination!?

As you know two weeks ago was the Benefits Fashion Show, for which I was the Fashion Coordinator, and though I did not blog about the experience the lessons I learn from it and the opportunities it has opened my eyes to are just that much more.

When I first entered college (in OH not FIDM) I had such a strict plan of what I thought and could be and the path I needed to follow. Life and a little bit of "Fallonmyfaceism" showed me different.
Lot's of people quote Oprah on the whole "What would you do if money wasn't an issue?" concept and it really gets us thinking. Closing our eyes and imagining What would we do if money wasn't an issue?

I would do exactly this, with more food in my fridge of course! Learning about the true ins and outs of the fashion industry keeps me so excited about the new skills I am gaining and the unknown but so necessary steps in the industry to manufacture apparel (insert Tech Pack here).

When people ask me "So what are you going to do when you graduate?" I don't feel pressured to answer because according to my imagination I can do and be whatever I want to do/be. But instead I answer "I have gained so many valuable skills from my formal training that I am now in the position to entertain a multitude of opportunities within the industry."

Travelers while out there on your Fashion Freeway I encourage you to use your imagination and your current skill set to create the life you want in reality.

Happy Travels
"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Subscribe