Think Before You Ink

7:43 AM


This article caught my eye because I have been contemplating getting a tattoo (or 3) for sometime now and I have to admit I’m a bit nervous about it. Luckily I am not in the financial standing to purchase three personalized tatts and this is giving me much time to think about this. Going to school for business gave me every piece of conservative pie a girl could consume and the message that tattoos were a no no especially visible ones was loud and clear. Did I listen? No I have 2, but not in any visible area. The three I want now will be, with the exception of the one I want behind my ear that would not show unless my hair was up (I specifically waited until my hair grew a certain length).


I do agree with the article that says more employers are ore lenient concerning tattoo policies in their offices within reason, however I say check out the rest of the staff and see if there are any visible tattoos and if so of what size and location. Is there a butterfly on the Admin’s instep, or a sleeve on the right arm of the accounting exec who likes to roll his shirts up when he works? There is a big difference between the two.


One of the great things about working in the fashion industry is that it’s all about expression of self through wardrobe, part of that can be your tattoos and piercings, but that is not every company! There is a big diff between Hot Topic vs Oscar de la Renta’s work environment I’m sure!

So what are your thoughts Travelers? Do you have visible tatts? What’s your jobs policy on them? Leave a Diva Stamp and lets talk about it!


Happy Travels [source]


"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe