Fearfully Fearless

11:28 AM

Hola, Aloha, Bonjour, and Bom Dia Travelers! The past couple of months have been such a journey, I lost my father a week before my birthday, I started my Mary Kay business, applying to USC and LMU for my MBA, and joined the MS Society's YPG group for professionals in their 20's and 30's that are affected by or just plain old advocating for multiple sclerosis. And that was just the first 6 months of the year. Whew!

Through that time I have had so much to say but just not taking the time to say it. I thought that adding an app to my blackberry (yes I still have one, TMobile is a terrorist), would keep me blogging on the regular, that didn't work. So I thought that if I voice noted my thoughts then transcribed them that would be better, nope. Lastly I started carrying a notebook with me to jot down my thoughts then type them out....you see the pattern here. There was nothing really working to keep me blogging consistently besides me well...blogging consistently.

My goal is to blog once a month, it's a simple goal that I think I can maintain. I really like the writing and appreciated the fan base that I had grown as well as some of the networking I was able to do with some of the bloggers that I admire. So let's get into this title....

As I mentioned in the intro the first 6 months have been a worldwind of emotions, change,and redirecting. Talk about pot holes and detours! I really couldn't get back on my freeway, I just kinda chilled at the rest stop of my journey trying to remap toward a new Point B. This is where I froze. I know that I have said in previous posts (idk where lol maybe I will link later) that fear can be paralyzing and will stop a traveler right in their tracks, I can't afford that anymore. The closer I get to 30 the more I am aware of how what I do, or don't do, today affects my tomorrow. So I have to keep going...but it doesn't come without caution. Fearfully fearless.

I think that many of us get to a point where more of us is required than before in order to make it to our destination. We want to remain in cruise control even though we know good and well that we aren't where we want to be or even have the potential to be. That's where I am right now. I am in a place that requires me to be more intentional of my time as well as more organized with my time and paperwork. I need to be accountable to those that I have committed to work with, which includes myself. So let's look at each of my responsibilities and what this means shall we?

Church: There is a spiritual accountability that I have to my God in the areas of character and finance, but hear I want to touch on the youth as I am a youth leader at my church. Showing up on time and engaging the youth that attend on Sundays, showing great ownership and being approachable are key and require my attitude to be intact as I know I'm being watched by a gang of middle schoolers!

Sorority: I am the co-chair of our mentoring initiative which runs like a separate organization in and of itself. For anyone in an NPHC (National Pan-Hellenic Council) organization knows that as an active member there are meetings, activities and dues that need to be tended to. As a committee leader I am required to keep my committee  up to date as well as execute the objectives of this particular initiative...read - paperwork. I don't know why I am having such an issue with paperwork but I am. Sitting down and do it and then remembering to turn it in!

YPG: I have just joined this group so for right now I am enjoying sitting back and learning, however if I say that I am going to volunteer at an event it is up to me to make sure I am there on time and in the proper attire..if needed.

MBA: 4 letters --> G M A T ! I am accountable to my score and my studies to make sure that score is competitive justifiable to get that acceptance letter. This means more time management. How long I study and how often I take a practice test is up to me.

Mary Kay - newly added as an additional source of income is literally my part time job. This is probably where I feel the most overwhelmed. There is so much to know, and for some reason I think that I have to learn it all before I move forward with it. But the fact is momma got bills and her first job just aint cutting it like she needs it to. However, in Mary Kay I earn my effort, which means that my income is a DIRECT reflection of what I am or am not doing. Which goes back to moving out of cruise control and putting myself in drive. (this will come in a second post soon)

So with all of that said welcome to the transitional portion of the second phase/season of 2012. I hope you enjoy the ride as I learn how to.

Happy Travels!

"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe