Oh When it All....

10:08 PM

Happy Thursday Travelers!

This new place in my journey has me in a very thoughtful and reflective place. So for your musical pleasure:



My current career position has propelled me into a whole new meaning of "No Fear, Just DIVA." I'm not just graduating from school with a load of prospects from recruiters and I'm not super excited about the world that is around me. I'm right in the middle of a lease, I am in that weird place in my career where I know it's time to move forward, but totally unprepared to start in some place new. I'm frustrated with the position I have been put in and I have to be accountable now more than ever concerning the movement of my career.

"We're all self-conscious I'm just the first to admit it." Explaining to my mother that I would rather be unemployed than in the position I am currently in, but the level of confidence that I need to build the career that I want. This is an unexpected pot hole on my freeway, I am totally trained that we get hired by a company we work at that company and stay at that company until retirement or the Olsen Twins hire you to be their new CEO, but that is not the case.

So what do we do when it all falls down? I have 3 ideas:

  1. Occupy your time with purpose. - The only thing that is keeping me sane and from watching the computer/my emails every 5 minutes is the fact that I have other things going on in my life that allow me to feel fulfilled and knowing that even without this job I have a greater calling and who I was at work does not determine that. I now also get a chance to build my career around my purpose.
  2. Apply for 3 jobs you would never think you are qualified for but would LOVE to do anyway if hired. - Hell, I say why not, if you get it have the confidence to rock it out!!
  3. Don't hit the panic "Apply" button!! - We all have done it, if you haven't I hope you never do. Applying for the job that you don't want, wont lead to a career, but you know that you can get. I strongly believe that this will only lead to repeating the same cycle. Now if you are building a business and need something to fund it then I say go for it, you know it's temporary anyway.
So there you have it! Do not let this time get to you! I'm trying my best to not let it get to me, but I am now learning that it can all fall down, so what I am I doing to pick it back up?

Night Travelers!

"One Step Forward, Just Glance Back. No Fear, Just DIVA!"

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Subscribe